Human life is precious and deserving of the respect implied by the Declaration of Human Rights in the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
People with disabilities have the right to live a life free from discrimination. They are entitled to appropriate care, education and training, with adequate scope for the exercising of their abilities and interests. This will be realised through:
- The extension and improvement of support systems to assist parents or guardians to cope with their obligations;
- The improvement and refinement of all approaches to care, education and training respecting, the rights of the individual;
- The provision of adequate services and facilities to meet their needs;
- The effective training of personnel directly involved in their care and education;
- The development of co-operation and mutual sharing of expertise between the school and other parties working in the field of Autism;
- Educating the community to accept them and to take shared responsibility for their care and integrated living;
- Continual research in all related fields;
- The acceptance by government of its role in facilitating the attainment of the above objectives.